Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A poem for my poet

So I know this has NOTHING to do with the Boat Assignment ( I know, I know, I'm an awful person, don't worry, it's coming).

Here's another beat poem, which I will be using in my poet project (still in draft form, mind you).
And you may call this vandalism
Or even arson though I'll tell you that
I have no sexual addiction to Fire
Although I do have desire
Indeed take pleasure
In watching
Your petty systems as they BURN TO THE GROUND
And the sound
Of my feet
Pounding on the concrete
And the heat
Of the flaming bottle that I hold in my hands
And I'll stand
And give command to throw
And the glow
And you and your gang of false monarchs will know
That we will no longer sit
Or take no more of your shit
Your advertisement propaganda


And you see we're all seen
As a bunch of meddling teens
Who should give up silly dreams
But I say
That there'll be no other way
'Til the day when the truth is seen by all
And you fall
And on your way down you'll hear the sound
Of we ravenous beasts below
Who for oh so long you've made sow
Your cancerous seeds
And made bleed
For the cause of
Your endless greed

No comments:

Post a Comment